If you come across this article, it is very likely that you have an interest in communication via social networks and want to learn and understand how communication can be useful at the level of marketing strategy.
I do not teach you anything by telling you that social networks are developing from year to year, indeed with the health crisis these digital tools have greatly increased. The vast majority of the world’s population uses social media to form an opinion or inquire before buying.
If you want to learn more about these tools, understand how they work and highlight them in your marketing strategy, you’ve come to the right place!
1) Define social networks.
To begin with, what is social networks?
A social network makes it possible to connect people, to create a community, to share ideas, to exchange, to communicate. These social networks are often focused on a particular theme.
Social networks are part of social media, which are often equated with platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and LinkedIn. They allow to create content in different ways in the form of posts, photos, videos … .
There are different categories of social networks:
- Social publishing networks: they are used to share content such as blogs, articles or reports.
- Social media linked to networking: they make it possible to create and maintain professional links. The best known is LinkedIn.
- Chat networks: create to talk or be able to make video calls like WhatsApp or Skype.
- The sharing network: like Instagram or Facebook, users can share their ideas using posts on the platform.
- Collaboration networks: a more professional tool for sharing ideas using platforms such as Trello.
2) Why deploy a social media strategy?
We will now see why you should optimize your brand’s presence on social networks and especially how to achieve it.
By optimizing your brand on social networks you will be able to get closer and better understand your target audience, it will allow you to gain notoriety.
This will also make you known to potential customers and will allow you to expand your circle of consumers and therefore retain your targets.
In the air of technology, more and more people are using social networks to form an opinion on the brand as well as to build loyalty to the company and decide whether or not to buy the product.
If you are not yet convinced, here are some other benefits of communication via social networks:
- Increase your visibility.
- Better Google SEO.
- More traffic to your website.
- New partners, new customers.
- Improve brand loyalty.
- Communicate directly with your customers.
- Greater knowledge of the market.
Now, let’s take a look at some tips to help you grow your social media:
- First step, you have to identify your strategic objectives, what is your goal?
- The second step is to identify your target audience, who are you targeting with your products? Who do you want to reach?
- After completing this step, you can focus on the platform to choose:
If you want to communicate as a video, you can choose YouTube, Tiktok, or Instagram.
In the form of photo posts, social networks Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest will be the best.
If your target is more professional, direct yourself to specialized platforms like LinkedIn.
Depending on your target, it will be necessary to adapt your strategy to the chosen social networks, for example Facebook targets people over 35 years old, it will be necessary to post earlier than if you wanted to post content on Instagram that targets a younger audience.
We will see in the next part how to create a good post on social networks to attract people.
3) How to communicate well on social media.
Here are some tips to communicate well.
- Focus on a key topic and talk about that topic, for example you can communicate about the products your company sells. Don’t make the mistake of talking about multiple themes as it won’t retain people to your account
- Make a nice design so that your post is attractive, think about adapting it if you communicate on several platforms.
- Stay on the lookout for technological innovations as well as posts that interest your target to face the competition.
For example, Instagram has recently put a new concept in place, this concept is the “Reel” that allows you to make short videos and it has worked very well and attracts a lot of people. So why not create your own “Reels”?
When you have published your first post, you will have to maintain your social networks, it is advisable to post several times a week, the best being every other day.
In terms of schedules, it will depend on your target. For a rather young target, you can post between 18:00 and 22:00, for an older target, I advise you to post in the early afternoon, between 12:00 and 14:00 or before 20:00.
If you have an identified target, you can use paid posts to advertise to you. It will be necessary to choose this publication well, it will be necessary that it represents your brand, which makes you want and that this target looks at your other publications and subscribes to your account.
You can also look to contact influencers to make partnerships, it will once again target your influencers. The chosen influencer(s) must have a community that is interested in your topic, your brand as well as the theme of your account. The partnership can simply be a story ad, a post or a video.
In the digital age, social networks are essential, they have many advantages but it takes innovation and perseverance as well as a good marketing strategy to succeed in your communication via social networks.
As mentioned earlier, it doesn’t happen overnight but the goal is worth it!
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions for the design of your strategy or for the creation of your web projects. We will help you achieve your goals as well as new opportunities.