Drive visitors to your site is much more than just rankings. The brand plays an increasingly important acquisitions.
In this article, we examine the importance of research by brand and provide instructions to help you understand, the pair of, what you need to do to maximize your traffic. You simply need to Google Search Console and as much data as possible.
- First of all, see why this is important.
- It's your business traffic
The mark of traffic is very rarely a traffic you'd be happy to have a flight to another site. In addition to the examinations and searches related, you hope 100% brand searches end up on your site. Sadly, we see that this is not always the case. Between the floor of SEO and the PPC, there are cracks that deprive you of interesting visits, sometimes deliberately, often by mere chance – whatever, we want to help you recover the lost traffic.
In a recent conference in BrightonSEO, Rand Fishkin, of SparkToro (and previously Moz), suggested that the future of SEO based on the SERP and less on the site. , there will always be a place for digital brand reputation table (bio).
Who cares about the reputation of your brand?
It's not just about traffic or revenue. Your reputation can affect a number of crucial potential relationships both with individuals and with other companies or institutions. Some of the potentially affected important parts are listed below:
- Business Partners
- Potential employers and employees
- personal contacts
Brand traffic against traffic unbranded
If I were to offer you 100 new visitors that come via a trademark search or 1000 coming via unbranded generic search term, which would you choose? I guess the answer will depend on a variety of factors, that your conversion rate. Anyway, it is likely that exposure to the brand is more likely to convert or investigate, then convert!
Understand what percentage of your traffic matches a brand will help you understand how this tool and this article could be valuable to your business.
Measure your brand shares / Non-brand
In this section (facultative), we will explain how to see your brand vs brand without division without the need for paid tools nor foolish extrapolations GA data. This step is optional but relatively easy for even a "novice nerd" to follow. If you want to avoid that and do not want to get an idea of the breakdown of your traffic by your brand, go ahead.
1. First, make sure that you are logged into a Google account with access to your Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools).
2. Ensuite, visit https://datastudio.google.com in a separate tab and create a blank report.
The phrase: "It's so beautiful and yet so terrible to stand in front of a blank canvas" comes to mind!
3. Now, click the bottom right of your screen to create a new data source.
4. Select the connector to Google Search Console, as shown below.
5. You may need to provide authorization for Google Data Studio.
6. Now find your site in the list and select URL Print, then the button “log on” top right.
7. You should now have a list of fields, however, we want to create a new! Simply click the button “Add Field”.
8. The code you need can be seen below, you must replace the example with your own brand. The phrase we used look any search term containing "zaz" or "me" to determine if the keywords are marked or not. Keep it simple and short.
CASE WHEN REGEXP_MATCH (Request, "(. * Zaz. * |. * To me. *)") SO "Mark" OTHER "Non-Branded" END
You can add more between word marks with a text expression |. * Right here. *.
9. Name the field (for example, ‘Branded Split’), save it and we're almost there!
10. You may still need to add the data source to the blank template, select it in the right list and click "Add to Report".
11. Your report will become a grid and you can now make your graph shows the mark in relation to a brand other than brand.
12. Sélectionnez le type de graphique que vous souhaitez utiliser (je préfère les graphes de surface personnellement) et tracez un rectangle de taille appropriée. Lorsque le graphique est sélectionné, vous devez ajuster le menu “Données” pour afficher:
Dimension temporelle: Date Dimension de répartition: fractionné par marque (ou comme vous avez appelé votre domaine) Métrique: Clics sur les URL
13. Vous pouvez régler l’affichage du graphique dans le menu ‘Style’. Here is my example in which I turned off the stack to display separate lines
14. Changing your metric 'Impressions' can allow you to quickly see the difference between the two. It is often useful to highlight the ranking of a huge keyword unrelated, like a celebrity or brand of the same name.
15. While this information is helpful, you may be struggling to understand how the data are averaged. As such, a pie chart can provide a clearer ratio. Naturally, high levels trademark search increases the importance of this product and our associated tool.
16. You can use Data Studio to identify which keywords are these impressions / clicks, etc., but for the purposes of this investigation, we'll just use Google Search Console directly from now.
If you liked this DIY in Data Studio, please let us know in the comments and we will certainly publish articles more discerning with this comment.
When you search for the keywords you want to evaluate, be sure to consider the following aspects of your business.
- your name
- High level employees
- handles / Usernames
- Brand and opinion
- Marque vs concurrent
Tool and Training for the brand reputation
1. Zazzle Media offers a free Google listing here for protecting brand reputation.
2. Make a copy of it on your own Google Account or professional account you for everything Web.
3. Name the sheet as you wish.
4. In the Dashboard tab – cells B3, insert your root domain as zazzlemedia.co.uk or wonga.com.
5. The only other entrance to the Dashboard tab is for you to list your keywords between B6 and B27.
6. You can find them pretty easily nibbling in GSC and filtering your brand. You can also do this with your Bing WMT account, but the important keywords are likely to be the same regardless of the search engine.
7. Add the appropriate brand keywords and impressions associated with the table. We used Wonga in our sample data.
8. Your prints will not weighted, but it can help you identify keywords impression (high importance) whose scores are low.
9. Now that you have entered your keywords in the dashboard, you can go to the Score tab.
10. You will notice that there 10 Positions for each keyword, to reflect the results page in Google or Bing, depending on where you run your inquiry. Simply enter the full URL of the pages in the full URL column.
11. The domain column will be filled automatically. If you accidentally deleted the formula, simply enter the following code in the E6 cell and drag it down.
= IFERROR (REGEXEXTRACT (D6, "^ (?: https?: \ / \ /)? (?: [^ @ \ N] + @)? (?: www \.)? ([^: \ / \ N ] +) ")," ")
12. Similar to the field of column, the Title column will also be filled in automatically. Again, if you removed the formula, enter the code below into cell F6 and drag it also (and stop to remove the formulas!)
= ARRAY_CONSTRAIN (IFERROR (importxml (D6, "// title / text ()"), "Please enter manually"), 1,1)
13. The titles should check automatically because of the functionality importXML. However, if this is not always perfect 100%, you may need to manually enter a title. The securities are only used to help assess the impact of any item and naturally based on competing websites / sites with appropriate titles.
14. Finally, you will need to mark the URL -10 to 10. The table below suggests how to score. However, Always keep account page rank. A slightly negative article in position 3 is potentially worse than competitor. in position 9.
15. We filled out the form with Wonga.com company that recently closed its doors and no longer offers new loans. This combination with the cannibalistic nature of lenders means we are guaranteed a set of dynamic results.
16. Once you have scored each URL, you can return to the Dashboard tab.
17. You will find automated lists of sites positive and negative. It is likely that your site will be the only positive, but this depends heavily on the representation of your brand in the media.
18. The original tab where you enter your keywords will now include scores for your site. You will find an overall average, a note from external site and a specific note on pages your site has presented in the SERP. In the example we presented, he is (Where was!) Wonga essential that appropriates more its opinions and improves targeting the "Wonga login".
19. Below automated graphics and table keywords, you will also find a simple score for Offense, Game neutral and Defense.
- Infraction: This score shows how you have optimized the pages of your site in search results. A low score suggests that bad pages are ranked.
- neutral game: it is the overall score of the performance of your brand within the SERP, taking into account both your site and competing websites.
- Defense: this figure shows how other sites are negative in the search results. It excludes entirely your score Site.
20. The scores of individual keywords are definitely more readable. However, overall scores are a good benchmark for key performance indicators Brand Protection.
I hope you could get an interesting insight into the perception of your brand in branded search results and, if necessary, being able to use the training recommendations in our tool.
Improve brand reputation
We have provided a tab “Training” suggesting some fundamental points but nonetheless critical of the brand protection. The track is a good starting point. However, If you have additional resources beyond the management of these factors, plan to do a similar exercise with a copy of the record on the terms of your competitor: put yourself in their shoes and see how some elements are better suited you .
To return to the example we have shown previously for Wonga, one of their main competitors was QuickQuid, which has only a single page to target this term:
It's better than nothing, and it is a good step forward to try to forestall page Trustpilot, what could be more damaging sacred vision.
If you need additional assistance or help managing your digital reputation, contact us! And make sure you have this tool to help you manage your brand reputation in the SERP.
According excellent SearchEngineWatch.